Thursday, July 13, 2006

Truly Finished, Finally!














I finished this quilt at least a year ago, and maybe two. It's been in daily use ever since, and was starting to look badly in need of a wash.


But -

I'd never finished the binding! It was basted on, but the handstitching was incomplete. Why do I do that?

I got pretty sick a couple weeks ago, and didn't have the energy for anything but sitting around, so I found the black thread and got 'er done. Yippee! And into the wash it went!

I used roses and blues, grouping them into diamonds, but it works a lot better divided by lights and darks, rather than colours. The backing was a Benartex flannel, Cherry Fizz (?), in the Fossil Fern line. It's worn extremely well, and when I need a flannel backing I'll head to the Benartex corner first.

5 Comments:

Blogger ~Lori said...

Another beauty! I'm so jealous....

5:24 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Naw, don't be jealous. Just post some photos of your own quilts! I know you've got 'em...

8:56 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

That is a pretty quilt. It is nice and cheery without being too bright. Congratulations on finishing it. I always think quilts graduate to another level after each step. Maybe it is because when it is done, I step away from it and look at the big picture again. Definitely worth the effort to finish it.

2:59 PM  
Blogger jenclair said...

Made my way here via Shelina's blog and very much enjoyed my visit. Love the quilts, you do a wonderful job with color...the choices are wonderful.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

That one IS A REAL BEAUTY!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home