Thursday, July 06, 2006

What a Bag

I made two of these bags, and Poppy has abducted them both into the fastnesses of her room. I'll have to snitch one back and remember how I made it. I drafted the pattern from an Edmonton Public Library bag (the heavy plastic ones), and hopefully I didn't throw my template away.

I used cut-up old jeans for the outside, print cotton on the inside. We use them for library books, when Poppy lets them free of her grip.
They'd probably make fairly decent diaper bags, too.


2 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I remember these jean bags.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Alice (in BC Canada) said...

And they'd be great as grocery bags as well, or for other kinds of shopping. I like to use cloth rather than paper bags as much as possible as it cuts down on all those plastic bags in my house, and saves the world some strife too. I usually use ones with shoulder straps on them though, as they're easier to carry.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home