Friday, September 01, 2006

Clink, clink, I hear a link!

Good gracious! It's been almost a month since I've posted here!

I found this link
while browsing through WhipUp, and I love it. It's a frabjabulous idea for using your fabric stash as wall art. Love it, love it, love it! I'm definitely going to do this to a wall in the new house. How come I never thought of foam core?

What am I working on currently? Well, I've come to a standstill, to tell the truth. I need to make a baby quilt, and it needs to be done in three weeks, but I just can't get into it. This Amish-y one was supposed to be it, but it whispered to me that actually, its True Home was on the gold wall behind my couch, and sure enough! That's where it belongs. But now I need to make another baby-size quilt and I'm dillying and dallying. Maybe it's just hormonal. Ask again next week.

And I
did make a couple of purses last week, so I guess I haven't been completely outside of the sewing realm. Funny how it feels that way after a couple non-sewing days!

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Lori said...

LOVE the linky thing! That is definitely one of those "Why didn't I think of that???" notions. Very, very cool. (I'm actually salivating, how weird is that?)

I can only sympathize (or is it empathize? I'm never sure which word to use) with your temporary lack of inspiration. You'll come up with something marvelous, I'm sure.

And also (have I mentioned this before?) I love the Amish-y pinwheel quilt.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

I've often thought of putting fabric on the wall, but I'd never come up with a satisfactory method. Ah, the internet!

I'll take whichever, sympathy or empathy. But I've shaken off the I-dunno-ness and I'm playing with some possibilities in the next post.

And thanks! That Amish-y one is my husband's favourite so far. He likes the really strong, earthy colours against the black.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

That is a cute quilt - I can see why you would want to keep it, even if it means you have to make another one.
That is a great link. Sounds like a fabulous way to dress up the walls.

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home