Friday, January 04, 2008

Brave New Soul


Well wudja look at that! A quilt!

This is a quilt I made for my acupuncturist and his wife. They're expecting a baby next month, so far a non-gender-specified baby. School's got me pretty busy, so I rather than trying to make two (one for either), I made one, and hopefully it's not too much one way or the other.

The background triangles were originally 5" squares. The circles were an idea from "Circle Play", but the design is original. The background is a Fossil Fern Flannel, "Patina". I love it. I bought it online, and the description called it "steel blue and teal", but in the flesh it has lavender tones and lovely greenishness. I made the border purple to pick up on that. To make the gender issue more waffly too, I suppose.

Very happy with this one. I didn't intend for it to look so planetary, but it did sort of turn out that way. That's okay. He's opened up new worlds for me with these treatments, so I guess it's kind of appropriate.

Finished size (before final wash) 36"X43".

6 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

What a beautiful quilt!! It's sure to be a treasured gift!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Thanks Angie!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize until now how much I've missed seeing your quilts! This is gorgeous, as always. You are a quilting genius.

(Also, Blogger is being funky and I can't figure out how to log in, so I'm just using my "nickname.")

6:37 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Good to see you Lori! Must be justabowt time for a baby yourself, eh?

5:31 AM  
Blogger jenclair said...

Oh, I love it! Glad to see you posting again!

10:23 AM  
Blogger ~Lori said...

(Replying late, sorry....) Yep, baby is most likely less than 6 weeks away from making an appearance now.

I'm having a hard time believing I ever carried TWO babies in this belly at once, as much space as just one seems to be staking out already.... :)

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home