Monday, October 16, 2006

Clubfeet?


How many times!?

Three or four, anyway.

I have some kind of spatial relations dyslexia, I swear. I've made several of these Bear's Paw blocks, and I know that you have to set those little triangles in the right direction on each side of the square and look at it before you sew them together. I know this. And all three other blocks were fine. But this one; I sewed it wrong over and over, in spite of talking to my inner seamstress and laying it out in front of myself and checking and double checking that everyone was pointing in the right direction.

Obviously, I finally got it right, or right enough. It was a little skewed after all that repetitive de-sewing, but I'll make it work. It's a cornerstone block for a border. I'm really happy with how this quilt is turning out.

I do the same thing when I'm sewing bindings on, too. I have a diagram, I've got it set out in front of me every time, I walk myself through step by step, and .... invariably sew it backwards. You know the bit when you're closing the binding with a diagonal seam? That bit. Always once I have to sew it backwards in spite of all the care I take.

Oh well. At least I'm learning to set my stitch on HUGE so it's not so hard to pull out.

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Lori said...

And here I thought I was the only one to do that....

I can't wait to see this one put together, too.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

And here I thought I was the only one!

I'm really happy with this quilt, and it's getting there, it's getting there...

7:26 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh Madcap, you must be my long-lost twin!!!! I'm pattern-challenged...and no matter how hard I concentrate...I sew....and reverse sew....and sew....and reverse sew....well you get the idea, right???? ROFL
Angie at www.threadcatcher.blogspot.com

10:04 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

That's why I don't do the diagonal seams.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home