Saturday, September 23, 2006

Another One Struck from the List!

Got it done, ready to go up north! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I would have like to done a bit more quilting in the triangles, but I put a rib out this week and my back isn't up to it. Not that there isn't plenty of squiggling already! This quilt won't be coming apart, no ma'am!

Update: Naturally, I remember after it's gone, that I've forgotten to take the final measurements. Fiddle. Oh well.

The triangles were cut on the diagonal from 5.5 inch squares. The centre orange square was appliqued. I think the orange borders were cut 5.5 inches wide, too. It seems to me that the finished pieced width was about 37", and with the borders the length would have been 47". Benartex flannel backing, tone on tone beige print with little chickens.

8 Comments:

Blogger jenclair said...

Looks great! Love the tangy feel of that orange against the blue.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Congratulations on finishing it.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Thanks, ladies! Yes, it's REALLY finished, binding and all! ;-)

I like the warm, deep orange against the navy, too. Things for little boys tend to be so monochromatically blue, or red, so I thought I'd mix it up a bit.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I love all your quilts.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's gorgeous. I have actually embarked on my first project of making a quilt. I cut out 600 pairs of print squares this weekend. I am doing pinwheels, too. Seems like an easy first attempt.

Hope mine turns out like yours!

Liz

8:23 AM  
Blogger ~Lori said...

Beautiful, as always! I really admire your eye for color. And the stippling looks fabulous!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Thanks again! Hi Ann, thanks for keeping an eye on me. I hope everyone's okay in your house.

E.G., where ya been? I keep checking your blog! Now, 600 squares is a BIG number... Are you making a queen-size, or are those squares really teensy?

Lori, the colour thing usually works out in the end, but really, when I've got the top sewn together, I'm usually in despair. For some reason, that's the low point for me. I'm always sure I've fouled up badly.

7:43 PM  
Blogger grannyfiddler said...

i think this is the one you made for wee Darren...? he and Mum are most pleased with it. he was the most smashing little batman @ Brooklyn's birthday/costume party.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home