Saturday, October 14, 2006

Puss in the Corner for Katt


Since I know she never visits this site anyway, I guess I can post before she gets here to pick it up and it won't ruin the surprise....

Puss in the Corner, on point, with lots of borders. It was originally a baby quilt, but it didn't get used that way, and when Katt saw it, she wanted it. Only bigger. I love borders.

The finished size is 54"X61.5", so a very good quilt for reading on the sofa. I know - I've tried it out several times already, several different books, it worked for all of them.

Chive really likes this one, he says it reminds him of a Persian rug and when am I going to make him a quilt? Humph! After all the times I asked him what he'd like and he told me he didn't really care, a blanket was a blanket! Again I say, Humph!

Flannel back, a tiny gold leaf on cream, Red Rooster Textiles, I think. Most of it was meander quilted, but I stitched in the ditch for the plain green border strips.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Lori said...

It's gorgeous, of course! I love the textured look of the print, and the way the blocks on point seem to float or pop up off that lovely periwinkle background. It makes me want one, too!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Madcap said...

Want some scraps?

7:27 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I love how the colors blend together, yet you can still see the pattern. All the colors go so well together, and it DOES kinda look like a Persian rug, now that you mention it.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home