Monday, July 03, 2006

The First Three Red-Hot Strippies







































When Alex was expecting twins, a boy and a girl, I gave her one of the pink/purple strippies I had on hand from when we thought we were adopting the triplets, and made a primary-colour one to coordinate. When it turned out that (surprise!) she had two girls, I sent her the second pink/purple one that I still had in my closet, and got the primary-colour one back.

And I just remembered, Noha got the third of these girlie strippies.

That's why I need this blog. I forget everything. And it's good to look back at what I made in the past, and realize that yeah, these very simple strippies were lovely. I'd been remembering them as some kind of quilter's cop-out, too simple. But right now, the simplicity seems restful, and I think I'll make another next time I'm on the baby-quilt warpath.

4 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

They are all lovely.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

These are definitely not too simple. I was looking at the book Modern Quilt Workshop and it has a stripes quilt prominently featured using solid fabrics, I think. It is all in the selection of the fabric.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Alice (in BC Canada) said...

I think I blog for the same reason... so I can look back and remember things I've done... LOL. It's easier to find my poetry on my blog than on pieces of paper around my house, as well as looking back at spinning and weaving "stuff", etc., etc., etc.

11:41 PM  
Blogger grannyfiddler said...

i'm very sad to report that though Alex cherishes the quilts, she rarely USES them (*&%#@!) she's 'saving' them. sigh. the girls had their 2nd birthday early this spring... i must have blinked, and a couple of years slipped by.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home